The unbecoming squabbling between the crooks involved in the OPL 245 corruption scandal has taken a new turn.
Malabu Oil and Gas has filed a lawsuit in the Nigerian Federal High Court against the Nigerian Federal Government and six other parties involved in the $1bn plus scandal.
The defendants include:
- Shell Nigeria Ultra Deep Limited
- Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Company Limited
- Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- Former Petroleum Minister, Dan Etete
- The Nigerian Minster of Petroleum
I have not indicated which parties are honest and which are crooks. It is impractical to do so because, in matters involving Nigeria, it is sometimes difficult to separate one from the other, bearing in mind that three Nigerian Presidents have all been implicated in the amazing unsavoury spectacle. The judiciary is also riddled with corruption.