With Royal Dutch Shell’s Prelude floating LNG project in Western Australia and Ichthys, a massive project led by Japan’s Inpex in the north of Australia, about to be completed, Australia’s export capacity could hit 85 million tonnes next year, topping that of current leader Qatar.
SINGAPORE, Nov 29 (Reuters)
* China monthly LNG imports set to breach 4 mln T for first time
* That comes as millions of households switch to gas from coal
* Domestic China LNG prices hit record
* Asian spot LNG prices at 3-year high of almost $10/mmBtu
* Rising Australia exports should ensure mkt remains well suppliedroyaldutchshellplc.com and its sister websites royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellnazihistory.com, shellnews.net and cybergriping.com are all owned by John Donovan